- Commissioner: Countess Maria Przezdziecka.
- Commissioned in October 1883.
- Dedicated to her brother Reinhold Tiesenhaus – the last descendant of the Tiesenhausen family’s Polish branch.
- Drawing: architect Georg Werner (1851–1920)
- Created: at Mayer Königliche Bayerische Hofkunstanstalt in Munich, 1884.
- Material: Painted glass and lead,
- Size: 700 x 285 cm.
- Conservation: During World War II removed and placed in the cellar. Restored in 1962; restorer: Alfrēds Lilientāls (1886–1980), pedagogue of Riga Secondary School of Applied Arts, together with his students. In 2011–2012 restored by Andris Kļavnieks.
On June 25 Riga Cathedral celebrates foundation day.
In 1211, on the day of the Apostle James (July 25), Bishop Albert, with a large entourage of clerics and people, went on a festive procession outside the city and consecrated the land near the Daugava for the construction of his Riga cathedral and monastery. (LUB)
Bishop Albert and the Master Builder, holding the future cathedral plan, are depicted in the centre of the composition. The background shows a church wall almost as high as a human with the bases of columns. The foreground illustrates the work process of the bricklayer and stonemason with their assistants. The thematic scene is framed by Neo-Gothic elements – ornamental gables, finials and floral ornament.