The tombstone was placed in its current location during the restoration of the church in 1883.
The composition of the tombstone is based on a medieval scheme – a square stone slab is enclosed by a band containing a text in low German, which begins in the upper left corner of the slab. The corners of the text plates are interrupted by quatrefoils with symbols of the evangelists. In the upper left corner, the eagle – the symbol of the evangelist John, in the lower right corner the lion – the symbol of the evangelist Mark, in the lower left corner the Ox – the symbol of the evangelist Luke, in the lower left corner the angel – the symbol of the evangelist Matthew.
Text: ANNO 1562 JARE DEN 6 //MARCHST. DER. EDELE. VNDE. ERENT. VESTE. REINHOLT. V// AN FITINGH OF.TO. REP// INCHRISTO. SELICH. VOR. STORBEN. DER SELEN. GODT. GNEDICH. SI//
In the centre of the upper part of the tombstone is the coat of arms of the Fittinghof family with spirally curved acanthus lambrequins.
In the lower part of the tombstone in the scroll decorated cartouche is the text, which is currently very poorly preserved:
JOHANNIS AM 3. ALS
O HAT GODT DE WE
LT GELEVET DOT HE SINEN
ENIGBOREN SON GAB AUF D
AS ALLE DE SO AN IM GE
LOVEN MICH VOR LOREN
WERDEN SONDER DAT
EWIGE LEVEN HABEN.
In the lower part of the cartouche is the inventory number of the 18th century – 11.
The tombstone for the family of R. Fitinghoff is one of the most remarkable work of memorial monuments from the Mannerism period, because here for the first time in Latvian stone sculpture appears a design of rollwork cartouche and wide acanthus leaves in the lambrequins of the coat of arms.