- Commissioner: Countess Maria Przezdziecka.
- Drawing: architect Georg Werner (1851–1920)
- Created: Mayer Königliche Bayerische Hofkunstanstalt in Munich, 1884
- Material: Painted glass and lead
- Size: 700 x 285 cm
- Inscriptions: On scroll in the angel hands: GLORIA IN EXCELSIS DEO [Glory to God in the highest].
Jesus Christ was born into the world by the virgin Mary. He became a man like us, so that we may have eternity with God in Him.
Mary was specially chosen by God. The birth of the Son of God was especially revealed to Mary by an angel.
Stained glass of Mary with the Mandorla of the children of Jesus is the oldest stained-glass window in the Riga Cathedral.
Stained-glass window is dedicated to Reinhold Tiesenhausen. In the centre of the window is the Mother of God with the Little Christ on the crescent.
Representatives of the family’s different generations worships Mary. The eldest is Knight of the Sword brothers Order Engelbrecht von Tiesenhausen. His descendants next to him-Reinhold Tiesenhausen and Count Johann Przezdziecki.
The upper part of the stained-glass window depicts an angel sitting on a throne and holding a scroll with the text GLORIA IN EXCELSIS DEO [GLORY TO GOD IN THE HIGHEST].